WHAT IS THE EWGA CHAMPIONSHIP?
The EWGA Championship is the largest women’s amateur golf tournament in the world. The Championship is played in three stages:
1. Chapter Qualifier - May 14th at Chateau Elan for the EWGA Atlanta West & South Chapter
2. Semi-Finals -
3. National Championship -
WHAT SPECIFICS DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- In order to participate, each registrant is required to have an equivalent of at least two (2) 18-hole rounds posted in the 2016 handicap record for the current year.
- Scores must be posted to handicap systems by April 15, 2016.
- If you do not have a handicap, you can obtain one by activating your GN21 account and posting scores. In order to be issued a handicap, you must have the equivalent of five (5) 18-hole rounds posted. Two (2) 9-hole rounds will automatically be combined to form an 18-hole round. Contact Sherryl Willis with any questions.
- On a scramble team, only one member of the team may have a handicap of 12.0 or less.
- Your flight may change based on your handicap at each of the next two stages.
- Note - distance measuring devices are allowed.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
This year you will need to register first at EWGA National and then you will be linked to our registration page to complete the process. Just go to EWGA.com, sign-in, click on Event Registration, and then follow National's registration process.
Everything you need to know about the tournament is on the tournament microsite: www.ewgachampionship.com.
WHAT ARE THE BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
WHAT TYPES OF PLAY ARE THERE?
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SCRAMBLE PLAY?
In a scramble, each player tees off on each hole. The best of the tee shots is selected and all players play their second shots from that spot. The best of the second shots is determined, and then all play their third shots from that spot, and so on until the ball is holed. Each team member must hit and use a minimum of three (3) tee shots per 18-hole round.
In this format, each player's handicap index determines her Computation Factor (CF):
- The Team Computation Factor is the sum of each team member's CF.
- The Team CF number must fall between +2 and -5 for a team to compete.
This number is added or subtracted from the team's gross score at the end of competition and the new score is used to determine the Scramble Champion Team. Each team may have only one team member with a 12.0 handicap index or lower.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIER?
The EWGA Atlanta West & South Chapter and the Atlanta chapter are holding their chapter qualifiers together at the Chateau Elan Golf Course on May 16th. Please let Atlanta West & South Chapter Golf Events Director, Sherryl Willis know if you intend to play in the chapter qualifier.
WHEN CAN I PRACTICE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIER?
Participants can practice for the Championship qualifier at the Cheateau Elan Golf Course. Practice dates and tee times will be announced.